DORSET OPERA Registered Charity 1105318
- Personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
Dorset Opera is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process personal data?
Dorset Opera complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by using its best endeavours to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring to its best ability that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following purposes (“the Purposes”): –
- To enable us to organise and operate a Summer School, for choristers and orchestral players, and the Dorset Opera Festival;
- To enable us to organise other activities for aspiring singers and musicians;
- To administer membership records;
- To initiate and organise fundraising events and activities to promote the interests of Dorset Opera;
- To manage our volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events and activities of Dorset Opera, including groups under the aegis of, or in association with Dorset Opera, including the Friends of Dorset Opera.
- What is the legal basis for processing personal data?
- On the rare occasions where we do not have a legitimate interest in processing personal data, explicit consent;
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law;
- Apart from disclosure to Monad Ticketing Limited, and the use of MailChimp, there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with those individuals or organisations who on behalf of Dorset Opera are occupied in achieving the Purposes.
- How long do we keep personal data?
We keep data no longer than is necessary to achieve the Purposes