Become a Patron or Friend of Dorset Opera and enjoy a priority booking period ahead of the box office opening to all. Read more below or, if you’d like to discuss which level of support would be best for you, call the office on 01258 840000.
To qualify for immediate priority booking, please call the box office on 07570 366186 or email email@example.com
Become a Friend of Dorset Opera from £40
The Friends of Dorset Opera was established as a separate charity in 1984 with the object of “promoting, supporting, assisting and improving the Society (Dorset Opera)”. In effect this means accumulating funds from members’ annual subscriptions, which are then made available to Dorset Opera when required, but at the same time striving to build up reserves.
The minimum subscription to the Friends is just £40 per year or £60 for a couple. Many kind Friends also include an annual donation taking the average subscription over that figure. Some donations are far more generous, but those donating more than £300 will fall into our Patrons category. To save on administration time, we ask that the subscription be paid by Standing Order. A Gift Aid declaration would allow us to reclaim tax without costing you any more.
- Receive early publicity and priority booking.
- Priority booking opens after the Patrons booking period, two full weeks before the general public.
- Acknowledgement in the Festival programme and elsewhere (unless you prefer to be anonymous);
- Invitation to and voting rights at the Friends’ AGM, generally held in January each year in combination with that of Dorset Opera
The Friends’ secretary, Sarah Bignell, can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Patron of Dorset Opera from £300
- Receive early publicity and priority booking. Priority booking opens, in turn, to each circle of support.
- Acknowledgement in the opera programme and elsewhere (unless you prefer to be anonymous);
- Invitations to Patron events throughout the year including our popular Christmas Patrons’ party;
- Patrons’ Day! Join the casts for lunch and view the progress of the opera during production week and, schedule permitting, attend a rehearsal;
- An invitation to join us for Champagne in the marquee Patrons’ Lounge before performances;
- Members of our President’s Circle receive the services of a personal booking manager.
- Receive our bi-annual newsletter.
With four levels of support, patronage starts at just £300 per annum, which we invite Patrons to pay by standing order, annually or monthly. Some Patrons prefer to link their donation to specific items such as soloist fees, music hire, scenic or costume design. If that might be you, please ask to see our annual Wish List.
|The Conductor’s Circle||From £300 per annum (or from £25 monthly)|
|The Director’s Circle||From £600 per annum (or from £50 monthly)|
|The Chairman’s Circle||From £1200 per annum (or from £100 monthly)|
|The President’s Circle||From £2700 per annum (or from £225 monthly)|
Standing Orders should be set up using these details
- Account: Dorset Opera
- Sort Code 30-65-21
- Account Number – 2578 9768
The Patrons’ secretary, Elspeth Brown, can be contacted at email@example.com